[OpenID board] The Specs Council and Process (WAS: Re: Executive Committee meeting 12/18/2008 ...)

David Recordon drecordon at sixapart.com
Wed Dec 17 19:52:29 UTC 2008

Yeah, I don't think IPR per se is the roadblock, but the process that
we've created chosen to ensure that IPR isn't an issue is.  Mart is
however correct that most of the current working group proposals are
more or less taking a spec draft that is already written, turning it
into a WG, and then having the non-asserts happen at the end
implicitly with the review periods by the WG members versus explicitly
as was done by OpenID 2.0 and OAuth 1.0.

So, I think that Mart, Eran, and Dick are all correct in what they've
said in this thread.

Eran, I'm intrigued by your pre-WG idea.  How would you see it
actually work?  Sounds a bit like what we've been talking about for
the Open Web Foundation.

--David