[OpenID board] Serious problems with membership signup system

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:54:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com>wrote:

> The first problem is that we have two competing registration forms:
> https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration
> https://openid.net/foundation/join

The old one should be removed immediately.

> The second problem is that, as of now, when I pick a non "sign-in" option
> on the registration page, I'm getting this error (which I've seen before):
>
> The change you wanted was rejected.
>

>> Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.

Yes. Indeed. I have reported it last week that my registration demo
failed.... Now I know that it was because I did not sign in to register...

Well, I think it is more reasonable for people to expect that when they are
required to pay, they try to pay first rather than log-in with not
registered OpenID.

> The third problem was reported by Louis Montagne from France.
>
> According to him, he has been unable to successfully fill out the
> membership information form because his address is in France and whatever
> validation we're using won't allow him to enter Paris, France in the
> City/Provence/State fields. This is embarrassing.

If this is true, it needs to be fixed ASAP because it may be impacting some
international participants.

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/