[OpenID board] Updates to the website and blog

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Fri Dec 5 18:34:38 UTC 2008

> I also think that we should (now, or after the election) pick someone to be
> responsible as the go-to person for the server, and who will maintain the
> software and access rights to the server. That's a somewhat separate issue,
> but it's something that we need some leadership, or at least responsibility,
> on.

As a bit of background.

JanRain originally donated the hardware for openid.net when we set it
up and the Open Source Lab (full disclosure: I founded the OSL but was
not there when we moved the server there) agreed to host it for no
charge as they do for fledgling open source projects.

David Recordon and I have been maintaining the machine for the last 2+
years and I for one would like to see us move to less-and-less
infrastructure that is maintained by us.  That said, there are some
things we have to do ourselves I believe as part of our
responsibilities as a non-profit corporation (i.e. board mailing
lists, minutes, etc).

We could stand to do some major system upgrades to the machine which
could entail an outage but it wouldn't be more than a few minutes.

FYI,

- Scott