[OpenID board] Data on board vs. board-private usage

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Wed Dec 3 01:43:33 UTC 2008

For what it's worth, my e-mail client saved:

* board-private:  1600 messages, since its inception (February 2007)
* board: 1490 messages, since January 19, 2007 (slightly longer period)

This may not be entirely accurate as I may have deleted some messages
or perhaps have duplicates. But the ballpark is probably right.

I have observed a creeping "privatization" of the OpenID movement over
the months and years, which I think is part of our current troubles
and I think which the numbers above are reflecting.

I for my part think it's time to change the OpenID movement back to a
broad-based barnraising movement, not a board that holds the cards,
and not particularly well.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.