[OpenID board] Use of board-private list (Was: Re: Trademark problem?)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:44:01 UTC 2008

I understand that legal matters warrant discretion, so I won't dispute that
point. In fact, it's the one valid case where I think board-private should
be used.
I appreciate that Dick has enumerated examples and cases where board-private
should be used and have recorded this list on the OpenID Fan Wiki:

https://openid.pbwiki.com/board-private

Of course, expanding that page would be great.

I understand that there are occasionally valid uses of such private
conversations, but without adequate independent oversight, or a clear scope
for use of such privileged communications, surely you can understand that
suspicions, well-founded or not, may rise from time to time.

This present case is mild on the whole, and represents a good case where any
potential legal actions should be discussed in confidence. I don't disagree
with that. But bounding the kinds of conversation that take place on the
private list to a specific set of topics or items which match a public set
of criteria is desirable, if it's not already been done.

Chris