[OpenID board] Server

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Sep 13 00:34:01 UTC 2007

> BTW, what exactly is the server infrastructure that we are running
> OpenID.net on?

Its a 1U Intel server running Debian and hosted by the OSL.

> Does the foundation own that server? Is there any technology and/or
> process that would deal with, say, a hard-drive crash?

JanRain currently owns the server but have said they would give it to
the Foundation once we have the mechanics to do that.

The OSL does daily full backups of the machine and in the event of a
crash would provide on-site installation and recovery.  We have to
deal with daily updates, etc.

- Scott