[OpenID board] Question about submissions to the OpenID Directory

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Mar 13 11:43:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:51:56PM +0100,
 Thomas Huhn (Solution Media) <th at solution-media.de> wrote
 a message of 57 lines which said:

> Does anybody know something about http://www.openideurope.eu/ and
> http://www.openidfrance.fr/ ?

openidfrance.fr has been registered on Feb 26th, and the registrant
asked for confidentiality, which means his information are not
published. This is reasonable for a personal domain name but it does
not look right for an official OpenID site. [Disclaimer: I work for
the ".fr" NIC but I cannot obviously distribute confidential info.]

Same thing for openideurope.eu.

There are almost no information on the Web site, no name, no address,
nothing.

It does not look like too serious.

[Side note: there is a company in France named OpenID and so openid.fr
is not a cybersquatter but, an unfortunate collision.]