[OpenID board] Trademark board meeting issue

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Tue Mar 6 21:55:56 UTC 2007

I think this is a great thing to discuss and something outlined in the
charter.  In any case, I don't think we as the board can make a decision
here.  The charter outlines this item as working with the wider
community to come to consensus which it seems like we're being spurred
to do.

I guess I'd encourage the person that contacted you to email
general at openid.net to start a discussion within the community.  If the
general list wants to allow it then I think we as a board should make
sure it can be allowed legally and make it happen.  Vice-versa, if we
all love the idea and the general lists hates it then we shouldn't
approve it.