[OpenID board] FW: [Community] STEWARDS: Please answer short survey for your WorkingGroup

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Mon Feb 26 23:53:28 UTC 2007

I guess we need to reply to this.

--David

________________________________

From: community-bounces at idcommons.net
[mailto:community-bounces at idcommons.net] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:42 AM
To: community at idcommons.net
Subject: [Community] STEWARDS: Please answer short survey for your
WorkingGroup

Attention all Identity Commons Stewards:

On today's Steward's Council telecon, we agreed that to make a decision
about our legal infrastructure (place/type of incorporation, counsel,
budget etc.), we first need to establish a rough 2007 budget for
Identity Commons, as this will help us agree on an overall
sustainability model for the organization, i.e., how we will raise funds
to maintain it from year to year.

To do that, we agreed we need to do a simple email survey of the Working
Groups, as represented by their Stewards, on what functions they need or
want from Identity Commons, the umbrella organization.

We ask each Steward to reply to this email (to the list, so we can all
see the results) answering the following 12 questions:

WORKING GROUP REPRESENTED:

Which Working Group are you representing?

PART A: COLLABORATIVE TOOLS & SUPPORT

Please indicate YES or NO (and elaborate as needed) whether your Working
Group would like Identity Commons to provide the following collaboration
tools and support functions:

1) Mailing list(s)

2) Wiki

3) Conference calls

4) Face-to-face meetings

5) Staff support

6) Other collaboration support functions (please specify)

PART B: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS TRUSTEESHIP/MANAGEMENT

Please indicate YES or NO (and elaborate as needed) whether your Working
Group would like Identity Commons to provide the following IPR
trusteeship/management functions:

7) Authoring/publishing binding Identity Commons intellectual property
policies that can be adopted by your Working Group

8) Serving as a trustee for holding intellectual property rights for the
benefit of the community as a whole (vs. such rights being held directly
by the Working Group or some other body)

9) Registration, oversight, and management of the Identity Commons
trademark for use by your Working Group

10) Registration, oversight, and management of your own trademarks for
your Working Group

11) Certification or logo programs (that are managed via trademark
rights, but involve a separate activity to manage the use of those
rights)

12) Antitrust umbrella (the need to host or facilitate discussions among
competitors on ways to cooperate or interoperate without triggering
antitrust laws)