[OpenID board] Further discussion ...

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Sat Apr 7 03:20:55 UTC 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 17:41, Dick Hardt wrote:

> On 6-Apr-07, at 2:43 PM, Johannes Ernst wrote:
>
>> On Apr 6, 2007, at 14:28, Recordon, David wrote:
>>> While Drummond, Artur, or myself not being able to
>>> attend the meeting yesterday is certainly no excuse for holding up
>>> work,
>>> I would also have hoped that those present would have taken this
>>> ongoing
>>> task into account and not made a decision given the importance and
>>> impact of these proposals.
>>
>> As I recall the discussion yesterday -- and I hope the minutes will
>> concur -- the proposal to "simply proceed on this important matter
>> by decision of those present" was rejected, and instead we decided
>> to proceed only after the input of those not present was sought on
>> this matter, specifically for the objective that nobody on the
>> board had to dissent from the proposal put forward to the community.
>
> My understanding was that the board had made a decision per Scott's
> email of 1:55PM yesterday.
>
> Bill and Scott were going to talk to the members not present so that
> they did not  learn from the mailing list what the decision was.

My recollection is that in light of continued delays on important
matters, some of which have to do with not all people being present
at all times, I proposed we would make the decision to move forward
on this issue with those present only. I distinctly remember that
this idea was overruled ;-) Which must mean that we decided not to
move forward without those not present.

But. Regardless of he said she said, I think we all agree that if we
have substantial differences on this matter, we need to resolve them,
otherwise we can't really move on either way. Or at least we won't be
successful.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.