Re: [community] from W3C….Fwd: Proposal: "User" header field

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Fri Jul 19 15:10:08 UTC 2013

Hi Kingsley,

so your are essentially saying, the user agent (or a similar application) sets a URL, which the server uses in turn to obtain some values. These values are used to meet access control decisions. Did I get this right?

How does the server ensure the caller is the user represented by this URL? So for example, how would you prevent an attacker from sending your user id URL to the server (and in turn impersonating you on this server)?

Regards,
Torsten.