Backplane Protocol Working Group Charter Submission

Allen Tom allentomdude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:30:35 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

Thanks for submitting the Backplane WG proposal. A few questions:

   1. Does the Backplane community already have signed IPR agreements from
   all contributors to the existing Backplane specs?
   2. What is the expected output of the working group? Finalized Backplane
   2.0 spec(s)? A reference Backplane server implementation?
   3. Will the OIDF host any services for Backplane? (similar to
   accountchooser.net)
   4. The WG Proposal says that one of the goals is to create a trust
   framework. Will there be some sort of certification process to determine if
   the apps/users/websites are trustworthy?
   5. Is the scope limited only to websites and JS widgets that embedded by
   websites? Does it also include native apps?

Thanks,
Allen