Charter submission for Account Chooser Working Group

Eric Sachs esachs at google.com
Tue Sep 6 21:57:21 UTC 2011

accountchooser.com is designed to primarily be a marketing website to help
convince more websites to adopt that approach.  So somewhat like the
relationship between the OpenID v2 spec and openid.net.

You may have read Don's note below about doing more on marketing/PR of
OpenID, including things like OpenIDConnect and AccountChooser.  We have
also been talking to a few people in the community about re-invigorating the
marketing subcommitee to guide those efforts, including content on sites
like accountchooser.com.  Currently that site is hosted directly from the
OpenID's github account at https://github.com/openid/accountchooser and we
have been working with the OIDF's IT resources to transfer the domain
ownership directly to the OIDF.  So with luck, in a few weeks the domain
will be owned by the OIDF and the marketing subcommitee will be in charge of
marketing content for that site.  The site would also of course include
pointers to specs, implementors guides, demos, etc.  And fixing the typos
:-)