Mozilla BrowserID

Allen Tom allentomdude at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:01:26 UTC 2011

Users can have multiple email addresses, from different providers, and not
correlate/link them. Each email address can be used as a different persona,
and nobody but the user will know that they actually belong to the same
person.

Moving to an email based identity system will let users have multiple
choices in how they identify themselves online.

I think the market has shown that an URL-based identity system without any
additional attributes (basic profile info, email address) or services (the
ability to send notifications to the user) is not really a viable product,
since the RP might as well have the user register a local account.

Allen

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM, SitG Admin <sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com