[OpenID board] Why Connect?

Brian Kissel bkissel at janrain.com
Tue May 25 05:12:06 UTC 2010

It seems to me that the broader market is coalescing around OpenID as the
brand for open standards-based user managed identity in a B2C environment.
My take away from the last couple of board meetings is that we should
embrace that, not avoid it.  Most RPs and end users don't really care
what's under the hood, they want solutions that address their business and
personal objectives.  Let's see how we can best leverage the open
standards work being developed and deployed by a number of stakeholders to
address real market needs and benefits.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Kissel
CEO - JanRain, Inc.
bkissel at janrain.com
Mobile: 503.342.2668 | Fax: 503.296.5502
519 SW 3rd Ave. Suite 600  Portland, OR 97204

Increase registrations, engage users, and grow your brand with RPX.  Learn
more at www.rpxnow.com