[OpenID board] Why Connect?

Eran Hammer-Lahav eran at hueniverse.com
Tue May 25 01:08:01 UTC 2010

The question is:

Is the OIDF interested in taking the lead in building an identity layer for OAuth 2.0?

I'm willing to bet that if the answer is no, it will be the beginning of the end for OpenID. OAuth 2.0 + identity will fully cover the OpenID 2.0 use cases in a cleaner, more secure way.

This is very much an issue of timing. If the problem is the name, call it the "OAuth Identity Framework", leaving OpenID to be whatever the v.next WG decides it will be a year or two from now.

EHL