Building identity on top of OAuth 2.0? (TAKE 2)

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Mon May 17 10:54:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Nat Sakimura <sakimura at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, while David's "OpenID Connect" straw man has bunch of interesting
> properties, there has been substantial work done in parallel in OpenID Foundation's own
> Working Group.

Great to see all this new work. I'd joined this openid-specs list
expecting it to be the place where such things happen, ... looking at
http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo I see a pile of others
including I now notice Openid-specs-ab.

Would it be possible for OpenID insiders to give a quick run-through
of these lists, ... which ones are active, where the work splits up
between them, the kinds of participation you're looking for, etc?

For technical members of the wider 'social Web' community, concerned
to help with the evolution of OpenID, which of the following should we
be tracking or participating in?

Openid-adoption	Committee to coordinate adoption, usability and
marketing strategies
board	[no description available]
Code	[no description available]
eu	General OpenID discussions relating to Europe
general	OpenID General Discussion
Openid-government	Committee to Coordinate with National and Regional Governments
legal	Legal discussion around OpenID
marketing	OpenID marketing
security	Discussion around security and anti-phishing tactics
specs	OpenID Specifications Discussions
Openid-specs-ab	Artifact Binding 1.0 Working Group
Openid-specs-ax	Attribute Exchange 1.1 Working Group
specs-council	Specifications Council
Specs-cx	Contract Exchange for dynamic exchange of legal contract
among the parties.
specs-pape	PAPE specification mailing list
Specs-ui	User Interface Working Group Specs list
user-experience	OpenID user experience
votes	DEPRECATED - Community and board votes happen here

cheers,

Dan