OpenID V.Next - Some Views to Consider

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Thu May 13 19:33:11 UTC 2010

At 2:39 PM -0400 5/13/10, John Bradley wrote:
>I think Santosh and others want the WG to consider allowing that.
>
>If you are in agreement with allowing that in the scope of the WG
>charter then I think we can close that part of the discussion.
>
>That is only saying it can be considered not that it will be
>included in the final spec.

I'm relieved: this is *exactly* what I'd thought the discussion
nowadays was about :)

At 2:49 PM -0400 5/13/10, John Bradley wrote:
>If the meaning of a openID identifier changes then we need to be
>carful that developers understand all of the implications.

I see what you mean now. I was thinking of the field some blogs have
for listing a Homepage (sometimes used for linking to pages of
interest), and forgot about the display of ID (which, sadly, feeds
back into your statement that it is fading into the past).

I do wonder how the identifier is being displayed (are we bringing
the long, ugly string-of-random-text plus generation fragment into
the forefront of user awareness?), but that's more of a curiosity,
and I'll take this question to the general list.

-Shade