OpenID V.Next - Some Views to Consider

John Bradley john.bradley at wingaa.com
Thu May 13 15:25:23 UTC 2010

The openID link relation is to your openID service eg Google not your claimed_id.

The <Subject> of the XRD is the name of the thing you are looking up.

If you input paulej at packetizer.com into a LRDD resolution process and use webfinger for normalization you will get a XRD.

That XRD may have the <Subject>  http://openid.packetizer.com/paulej

That would be up to you or your OP to decide.

I think Santosh wants to allow you the option of having acct:paulej at packetizer.com as the subject of the XRD.

This leads to questions about what the core protocol is validating.  Is it the claimed_id or the openid.identity.
Do we need both,  is delegation supported, and if so how, etc.

I think the WG needs to consider what impact having non http/https URI as claimed ID has on the overall protocol.

I don't want to restrict the WG from considering the issue via the charter.

John B.