Trouble with base64-encoded OpenID claimed_id paths

John Bradley john.bradley at wingaa.com
Thu Mar 25 23:15:53 UTC 2010

I don't know that it is plausible for OP to change existing claimed_id that will break real customers.

I also don't know of a base64 encoding that includes .  The characters in base64 that is normally an issue for URL are + / the URL base64 replaces that with minus and underscore

Now that you mention it I did see similar issues from the Drupal RP not long ago with Yahoo.

Recommending RFC4648 encoding with URL safe alphabet for new OP's is reasonable.

I would like to understand why Yahoo is doing that.

John B.