XAuth critiques

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Sun Jun 13 15:51:24 UTC 2010

Shade'n'others,

Research performed on federated identity at Cardiff University, supported by JISC, has suggested the opposite.  Users just wanted a consistent experience every time, and didn't enormously care what that experience happens to be.  So far as I'm aware, the analysis didn't include the NASCAR approach being used by OpenID parties as an option, because it simply doesn't scale for us with IdP's numbering in the 1000's.

http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/media/documents/jisc_collections/study-v1.0.pdf

I'm thus a supporter of the ULX work being done in Kantara, and although I'd Really Really prefer that the OpenID community be participants in the work that's already ongoing and yielding good results, there are probably advantages to any interface working group here too.

Take care,
Nate.