XAuth critiques

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Tue Jun 8 19:09:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Ben Laurie <benl at google.com> wrote:

> I would really like to see better support for client certificates in
> browsers so that this became less clunky around the certificate management
> aspects...

What needs to happen to achieve this?

Is the shape of the problem / solution broadly understood? Is this
something that W3C could usefully act on, or just needs coding work
from the browsers? How does it relate to the recent
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsc-ui/ and http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/ work at
W3C?

Sorry for all the questions. I've heard "browser certificate support
needs improving" countless times, maybe this is a good time to find
out if the will is there to improve the situation...

cheers,

Dan