[OpenID] Finally the Shit has hit the fan!

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Mon Jun 7 16:51:01 UTC 2010

On 7 Jun 2010, at 18:42, Steven Livingstone-Perez wrote:

> The idea in principal appeals but a lot seems to be dependent on browser
> vendor support & OpenID in the browser should really have been (and should
> still be [1]) a no brainer for the browser vendors - I anticipate the same
> level of "uptake" by them for this.

It already works in the browser, and has for years. The problem is that most people here don't want to look at the solution, because of fear of the semantic web it seems, or some such (not sure).

  You can see it working in this home made video

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZPJBpI2Po&feature=player_embedded

  (I welcome people coming up with better videos)
  The protocol is detailed here:

     http://esw.w3.org/Foaf+ssl

  There are some small browser improvements that could be made, though it would not take long to convince some of the browsers vendors to make them.

Henry