Email Address to URL Transformation

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Jan 25 03:12:00 UTC 2010

Allen,

But, wouldn't that assume that every user who has a gmail.com or yahoo.com
email address uses Google or Yahoo, respectively, for OpenID?

By having a separate user-specific XDS document, one could specify what
one's OpenID URL -- a URL that could be outside of either of those domains.

I liked Google's reply to the web finger query.  It said "Let's do this!"

Indeed, let's.  I like this idea.

Paul