Proposal for discovery of an OpenID session at an OP

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Fri Jan 22 04:31:13 UTC 2010

All,

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to put forth suggestions for
serious consideration, as my last attempt was such a failure.

Was my December proposal** really so bad (or badly written?) as to
merit no on-list responses whatsoever? One of you was kind enough to
send a note off-list (thanks!), but I am disappointed in the complete
lack of responses -- after all, I thought I was outlining a path
toward solving some problems & concerns raised by a wide variety of
folks on this list, including Luke Shepard at Facebook, Drummond Reed,
Dick Hardt, and others.

What does it take for an idea to get some attention around here??

Thanks,

Peter

**http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2009-December/006358.html

Peter Watkins wrote:
> Regarding Chris Obdam's request in
> http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2009-December/006276.html

> I would like to offer first the observation that this sounds just like
> Luke Shepard's checkid_immediate "middle state" proposal, on which a
> number of OpenID folk have already commented:
> http://www.sociallipstick.com/2009/04/15/lets-detect-logged-in-state/
>
> And I would like to offer this proposal for implementing what Luke and
> Chris want while providing simple mechanisms to address privacy concerns.

...snip...