[WRAP] Wrap Artifact Binding/Mobile Profile

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Tue Feb 16 21:09:42 UTC 2010

We can't force everyone to do artifact.  We will still need to support associations in RP's.
We cant just ditch the concept completely.

If we say the Artifact binding is a new binding and not an extension,  we can ditch the association handle.
If you want to do a per artifact secret that is fine with me.

It however will cause more divergence between the two bindings.

One is tempted to say redirect is the binding for 2.0 and artifact will be for v.next.

If the exchange is done over what is arguably a mutually authenticated encrypted channel I should be able to do a LoA 2 profile for openID.    LoA 3 will probably require a asymmetric signature as well for non repudiation.

That is why being able to specify a return token type for the assertion may be an advantage.

John B.