"openid." name space of KeyValue Form

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Feb 8 15:18:40 UTC 2010

Nat,

Understood.  The reasoning (I assume, since I didn't write the spec) is that
KVF is handed back in the body of the reply and/or processed locally (e.g.,
signature generation), whereas openid.* parameters are handed back via a
URL.  When sending parameters along with other parameters in the URL, having
something like an "openid" namespace makes sense so as to prevent name
collisions.

I assume the reason is nothing more than that distinction -- use the
namespace form when collisions are possible.

Paul