Account attribute push

Manuel Lemos mlemos at acm.org
Mon Apr 19 08:30:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

Please excuse me if this subject is not appropriate for this list.

Looking at the available specs I could not figure if a certain feature
that I am interested is supported by any of the OpenID specs or any
extension that is in progress.

I am working on an implementation on which the OpenID provider not only
can authenticate an account, but also centralizes e-mail addresses and
aother account attributes of all accounts.

The problem that I need to solve is the need for the consumer sites to
have the account e-mail addresses updated, as those sites send several
types of newsletters specific of the sites.

So, if an user updates the account e-mail address in one consumer site,
I need a) the e-mail address to be pushed in realtime to the
authentication provider and b) the authentication provider pushes the
updated account e-mail addresses to any other consumers that are using
the same user account without having to wait for the user to login in
those sites.

It seems that OpenID Attribute Exchange spec handles a) but interaction
needs to depart from consumer sites. So, b) does not seem to be handled
by AX. Am I correct? If that is the case, is there any other spec,
published or being worked on, that handles b), i.e push account
attribute updates from the provider to any relevant consumers?

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Find and post PHP jobs