Draft OpenID v.Next Discovery working group charter

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Apr 14 05:48:38 UTC 2010

>Five years ago, the OpenID world was making a lot of arguments
>premised on the need to move very quickly.

I'm mindful of "OpenID is about identity, not trust", here.

Perhaps the advantage is to be flexible with which trust system
OpenID is attached to; rather than relying on DNS, developers who
don't trust it (or the PKI in DNSSEC) can try something else instead.
Kind of pessimistic to anticipate failure, that way, but I see it as
them trying Webfinger now because they have the most support for it
(internally), and others are free to work on their own favored trust
systems. (I know XRI is moving forward; I've been looking a bit at
how Tor might integrate with OpenID on the rest of the web even
*without* going through XRI.)

-Shade