Attribute Exchange 2.0

Paul Trevithick ptrevithick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:23:58 UTC 2009

The only difference, e.g., between an Open AX URL attribute and an
IMI-infocard URL claim is who¹s authoritative over minting it. The question
for the OIDF is this: Are the benefits of being able to be authoritative
over the attribute URL minting process, greater than the benefits of letting
go of that authority and increasing interoperability in the overall open
identity ecosystem?

Paul

PS: The ICF said, hey we need a place for folks using the IMI protocol to
know where the attribute URLs are listed. So we created [1] along with a
very light-weight email-based process for getting new URIs added. It all
works fine. This is clearly one way to answer the above question.

[1] http://wiki.informationcard.net/index.php/Claim_Catalog