XRD and OpenID 2.1

John Bradley john.bradley at wingaa.com
Wed Sep 2 23:01:28 UTC 2009

Allen,

In XRD 1.0 we are moving to a link based model.

So a users XRD rather than having to specify the openID providers
service can point to an openID provider.

The URIs that we currently use describe the service not the provider.

I think Nat is looking for a link relationship that describes a user
pointing  to a service providers XRD rather than to the service itself.

There will be a bunch of new link types required for various protocols.

John B.