AX and Artifact Binding Charter Proposal

Will Norris will at willnorris.com
Mon Nov 16 22:02:30 UTC 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:07 AM, John Bradley wrote:

> Yes we should have a look at RP Libs.
>
> So AX currently uses:
> openid.ax.type.fname=http://example.com/schema/fullname
>
> We could allow:
> openid.ax.type.fname=fullname
>
> Though that may break some string handling.
>
> We could still use a URI safe string like:
> openid.ax.type.fname=ax:fullname
>
> This would NOT be a URI but would be less likely to break existing parsers and string handling.
>
> Any ideas other than a code review?

-1 to plain strings.  I'm not crazy about the idea of including the nine sreg attributes in the core AX spec, but we've clearly seen that a separate registry doesn't work too well.  If they are included in the core spec, I'd much prefer something along the lines of:  "To promote interoperability, it is RECOMMENDED that deployers use the following attribute names when appropriate".  Does rfc 2119 allow for a STRONGLY RECOMMENDED ? :)

-will