UI extension suggested change

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Wed May 20 07:15:25 UTC 2009

Accessibility considerations? I think they belong in an UI extension, maybe
in a non-normative section.

On May 19, 2009 9:16 PM, "Andrew Arnott" <andrewarnott at gmail.com> wrote:

I've been building up UI extension support in DotNetOpenAuth and came up
with something I'd like to see added to the UI extension:

The Provider SHOULD handle the escape key and close the window or send a
negative assertion.

Especially when the RP uses window.showModalDialog to popup the window with
the Provider in it, the fact that it's modal aids the UX because the user
easily sees that he should interact with that window instead of with the
RP.  But if the user changes their mind, rather than find the Cancel or X
buttons to close the window, the Escape key is what a user tends to do to
back out of a modal dialog they don't want to be in.

Is this the right forum to discuss this?

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death