Should we recommend that return_to url is always HTTPS? What about realm?

John Bradley jbradley at mac.com
Thu May 14 21:07:15 UTC 2009

We addressed that in info-card by using O, L, ST, C from the certs DN
where O is not empty (Class 2 or EV certs)
to construct the RP pseudonym.

It is possible for the OP to retrieve the cert during RP discovery and
use the same info.

That way the CN and subjectaltname can change over time.

That however would be a larger spec change.

The PPID also needs a OP or per user secret,  otherwise someone can
generate the PPID for the user at a given site.

John B.