Requiring Pseudonymous Identifier

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Wed May 13 16:28:13 UTC 2009

I'm perfectly fine with using RP discovery as a mechanism for the RP to
specify what "policy" it requires. I believe that unsolicited assertions
are going to become more common, so we need to support it.

What I don't want OpenID to do is specify the actual syntax of the
pseudonymous identifier. I agree that the RP has to trust the OP (in
some sense) or make it's own determination that the OP is not honoring
the RP's wishes and then take some action.

For RP's behind firewalls, it would be nice to allow them some mechanism
other than RP discovery to assert their requirements, but that should
preclude the discover option.

Thanks,
George