Requiring Pseudonymous Identifier

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:00:25 UTC 2009

Sorry for a slow response. This week is especially busy for me...

I borrowed the notion from Austrian Citizen ID system.
In there, the services are divided into "sectors."
A sector may span several agencies.
They call ID as PIN (Personal Identification Number).

There is a secret PIN (sPIN) which is not used anywhere but in their SmartCard.
Then, sector sepcific PIN (ssPIN) is calculated in the manner of :

SHA1(sPIN + SectorID)

(Note, there is a bit more details but...)

I have thrown OP secret into it.
To avoid the analytic attack, I agree that it is better to use
individual secret, as some of you
points out.

Regards,

=nat