Does OAuth security vulnerability affect OpenID/OAuth hybrid?

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Wed May 13 05:06:30 UTC 2009

Hi Luke,

I don't think there's a session fixation issue with Hybrid, but I
believe that several individuals raised concerns regarding auto-approval
of OAuth tokens using regular OAuth, which is essentially the same thing
as checkid_immediate mode in Hybrid.

Is there really a reason why an RP would need the OAuth token returned
in a checkid_immediate response if the user had previously authorized
one on an earlier visit?

Allen