No subject

Wed Mar 4 18:19:19 UTC 2009

> Given that this fragment technique is intended to improve the user exp=
erience, <BR>
&gt; especially in the context of a popup window, I think that we may be ab=
le to <BR>
&gt; document the correct behavior this in the forthcoming UI Extension.<BR=

<BR>
After thinking a bit more on this, I realized that while performance of the=
 checkid_setup call in the popup is important, it&#8217;s a one-time cost s=
o not that big of a deal.<BR>
<BR>
A much bigger issue is the performance of checkid_immediate in an iframe. F=
or Connect, we do the equivalent of that on every single page. For OpenID, =
I can see a case where a relying party would run a checkid_immediate on eve=
ry page (to make sure the user was still logged in). In fact, a relying par=
ty might want to check multiple OpenID providers on a page load &#8211; may=
be even dozens or hundreds, potentially. If they did that, then the perform=
ance of each call would definitely be a much bigger issue, and this HTTP lo=
ad would become more important.<BR>
<BR>