experimental namespace for openid.net

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:00:33 UTC 2009

I agree formalizing a POC is a bit of a stretch. I was looking at it the
other way around.
There is a general consensus on XRD, especially the work done here.
http://www.hueniverse.com/hueniverse/xrd/
http://www.hueniverse.com/hueniverse/xrd/
Add a simple signature and a host-meta as XRD and we really have a simple
XRD spec for which there already is a consensus. A POC will solidify this.
THats all that is required really.
The problem with XRI TC is that we have the "Camel is a Horse designed by a
committee" syndrome.

SitG Admin wrote:

>>Why dont you implement proof of concept for XRD instead? We can then
>>formalize it. Why should we wait for XRI TC? After 11 years XRI TC cant
even
>>sign an XML document reliably.
>
> A proof-of-concept is useful for showing that something is
> *possible*, but if you try to formalize from  there it's more of a
> "hotshot went off and did their own thing, then expects everyone else
> to follow the leader". Google is working *with* the XRI TC, and my
> understanding is that they want their work to be useful when we all
> start looking for a protocol that a majority of the community can
> agree to (with little enough effort that it doesn't become more
> efficient to ditch the POC entirely and start over from scratch).
>
> -Shade

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com