Request for consideration of AX 2.0 Working Group Charter Proposal

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jan 28 02:30:21 UTC 2009

I agree with Martin. I believe that AX is the correct solution in the
long run, but given that there appears to be more SREG implementations
currently in the wild, we should update it to make it useful for sites
that want to use it.

The other factor is that our lawyers feel very strongly that the user
should have the opportunity to read the RP's privacy policy before
authorizing any data exchange, and only SREG has the ability to do this
automatically. The alternative would be to use OAuth, and require RPs to
pre-register with Yahoo and provide their privacy policy and/or agree to
a ToS before using our OP.

Allen