Suggested scoping for AX 2.0 WG

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Feb 3 23:20:40 UTC 2009

Hi Dick,

I'll be happy to add language to the revised SREG spec to strongly
encourage all new deployments to use AX and to NOT  use SREG, however,
given the current popularity of SREG, I think it's a good idea to
clarify and modernize it a bit. Speaking on behalf of Yahoo, once we
have a usable version of AX, we will encourage RPs to use AX over SREG.

I do agree that AX for multiple users in a single request is quite a bit
different than the current design pattern, where an assertion is about a
single user. I'm not sure how bulk AX would work without OAuth.

Allen