Attribute Type URLs (was Re: specs Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11)

Nat Sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Wed Dec 9 07:17:47 UTC 2009

David,

PoCo seems to be only for contacts. Attributes are not just contacts but
bunch of other things as well.

Even within the "contacts", it is missing out things like phonetics
(e.g., furigana), sort order, etc.
It does not seem to have had a lot of international exposure.

Also, by just briefly scanning, I can point out that current proposal
does not have email classes like MMS/SMS/mobile phone etc. which are
very commonly asked attribute in Japan. Many sites refuses to provide
service without it. I bet there are other things from European point of
view etc.

IMHO, we should define those attribute URL in an Open Forum with a clear
process and a lot of international participation.

=nat

Nat Sakimura (n-sakimura at nri.co.jp)
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
Tel:+81-3-6274-1412 Fax:+81-3-6274-1547