AX structured objects and querying them

Joseph A Holsten joseph at josephholsten.com
Wed Dec 9 04:42:22 UTC 2009

What is the thinking about that serialization format? I note the wiki
page doesn't mention anything. XML, JSON with some namespacing,
something custom and or backwards compatible?

When you request attributes, would you normally expect the objects in
standard types?
as in "I want an email address" -> {"email": "foo at bar.com",
"verification-timestamp": "2009-12-08"}
Or should you be able to request subattributes?
"I want an email address including a timestamp and method of
verification" -> ...

Seems like asking for subattributes would be nifty, but quite nasty to
spec. I sure can't think of any existing way to do this short of
SPARQL or some NOSQL query language.