Yahoo available AX attrs

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Dec 9 02:31:47 UTC 2009

>At the end of the day, the user has to trust someone, and first of
>all, the user has to trust himself.
>
>Now if the user is not someone who can trust himself, then where is
>the onus? Is it with govt, OP, or RP?

Community?

There are a few issues being conflated here. Whether the user has to
trust himself is a philosophical question (and yes, it IS a question!
- assertions that it is not possible to function in life without that
notwithstanding) for most, a practical question for some (but that
would be heading into esoteric neurocognitive territory, which is
horribly off-topic for this list). Whether the user as source of
identity information (and owning/controlling/possessing hardware to
make assertions about it) is trustworthy, is a very different
question - and then the user wonders who *can* be trusted to speak
for the user, and not for anyone else *but* the user.

>I would prefer we have a mechanism for blacklists rather that
>whitelist. I like the idea of blacklist because all OP's can start
>from a clean slate and land up on a blacklist, if they have done
>badly. This is more or less the way anti spam mechanism has worked
>on the internet.

And its success has been proven, because we don't have spam anymore.

  . . . waittaminute . . .

-Shade