Yahoo available AX attrs

John Panzer jpanzer at google.com
Tue Dec 8 18:32:12 UTC 2009

I can't provide a totally worked out example.  But there are a lot of
attributes floating around -- including attributes on attributes, now -- and
it seems like it would be useful and valuable to be able to package them up
into semantically meaningful 'profiles' -- public contact information,
private contact information, full read-only profile -- which you could
provide to RPs.  If you send an endpoint URL to the RP instead of the
information itself, the RP can then retrieve it via a backchannel (and cache
it).  If you have private data, use a capability URL with a token that
allows read-only access.

Then you have much more freedom in how to represent the data on the other
end -- you can use PoCo or AX name/value pairs -- and you're not limited to
2K or a bad user experience.  Plus, you can access the same information the
same way even if not using an OpenID session to kick off the attribute
exchange.

--
John Panzer / Google
jpanzer at google.com / abstractioneer.org / @jpanzer