Yahoo available AX attrs

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Tue Dec 8 17:55:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Brian Kissel <bkissel at janrain.com> wrote:
> +1.  As Allen has said before, and many RPs have confirmed, a verified email address with the attributes he's recommending allow RPs to remove a very problematic step in their workflow where the user has to get an email from the RP then click on it to "verify" the address before enabling an account.  There are non-trivial registration losses in this workflow when those verification emails go to spam folders or users just forget to click the link.  Delivering a verified email let's RPs register a user in real time eliminating this step in the workflow.  This gets higher registrations and instantaneous access and gratification to the user.

+1

When Allen, myself, and others proposed the original scope for AX 2.0,
providing meta-data about attributes (e.g., validation status, time of
most recent validation, even type of validation) was one of the main
drivers (and also to provide a mechanism for RP to discover which
attributes/schemas the OP supports). I think since then the issue of
containing the URL length in AX requests has been identified as
equally pressing.

I hope that the amendment to the IPR process is concluded so that we
can move all these important improvements forward. At this point, when
OPs expose more data they buy into usability problems (URL length
issues which are made worse by compatibility work-arounds as RPs try
to send redundant request formats to cover all bases, etc.).

--Breno