specs Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:42:26 UTC 2009

I think that would create mire fragmentation at thus point.

I think PortableContacts is the right collection of attributes for AX
and OpenID and should largely be adopted as the standard for OpenID.
Facebook Connect is much easier to work with because it reduces
complexity and the number of options for doing things -- like the
number of formats for accessing user data.

If sites that want to adopt OpenID have to learn some custom profile
data schema AS WELL AS PortableContacs -- they're likely to skip it
and go straight to FB Connect.

I've proposed a schema for using PoCo with AX; why don't we move to
improve it and make it the standard for OpenID going forward?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone 2G