specs Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:23:12 UTC 2009

Whatever we do in regard to discovery or profile attributes, I want to voice
my concern again that the AXSchema unnecessarily fragments the number of
profile attribute schemas.

I'm specifically pointing out that AXSchema reinvents vcard and a host of
other profile formats, which adds yet another burden for developers to map
other schema, like Portable Contacts, to the AXSchema.

This may not seem like a big deal, and perhaps it's not in the scheme of
things (no pun intended), but I would very much like to see AX 1.1 or
whatever recommend the use of PoCo-derived schema.

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

Citizen Agency: http://citizenagency.com
Diso Project: http://diso-project.org
OpenID Foundation: http://openid.net

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private