specs Digest, Vol 36, Issue 1

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Thu Aug 13 18:12:11 UTC 2009

Since Google was mentioned here as wanting artifact, let me make the
record clear to say that I spoke about artifact binding on my personal
capacity.

My very own personal view is that an artifact profile would be easy to
spec out (the check_authentication or stateless mode is already the
artifact flow without the additional benefits of artifact) and would
make OpenID more robust. Currently long URLs require POST which only
gives you so much mileage. POST is ugly if the RP has a non-HTTPS
endpoint, with scary user confirmation dialogs.

Also, I did not wish to express any personal opinion on whether OpenID
should seek Loa2, just to note that artifact is the easiest route
there.