No subject

Fri Apr 24 22:39:51 UTC 2009

11.5.1.  Identifier Recycling

OpenID Providers with large user bases can use fragments to recycle URL
Identifiers if it is so desired. When * reassigning *a URL Identifier to a *new
end user *OPs should generate a new, unique fragment part.

The full URL with the fragment part constitutes the Claimed Identifier in
positive assertions, therefore Relying Parties will distinguish between *the
current and previous owners *of the fragment-less URL.

This mechanism allows the (presumably short, memorable) recycled URL
Identifiers without the fragment to be used by end users at login time and
by Relying Parties for display purposes.
This smells hugely of the idea that only one user controls an identifier at
a time.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death